Ecohardwood engineered oak flooring boards are crafted from highest quality, sustainable, eco-friendly materials. Our customers, including homeowners, interior designers, architects, and construction industry professionals, can choose from a range of engineered wood flooring constructions, board widths, grades, finishes, and colours.
Ecohardwood Engineered Oak Flooring Construction
Ecohardwood's signature double oak flooring construction minimizes wood shrinkage and swelling, guaranteeing wood flooring stability and longevity even in the face of room environment changes. All our engineered wood flooring boards are particularly well-suited for use with underfloor heating, as the construction leads to a remarkable +15% increase in heating effectiveness. To ensure even better longevity of the oak flooring, Ecohardwood uses extra-strong and formaldehyde-free PUR adhesive during the structure glueing process. For all our oak products, such as floorboards, oak doors, and oak stairs, we source raw timber from FSC®-certified forests in Europe and then process it in our factory using renewable energy. Ecohardwood products are 100% European and made from sustainable, eco-friendly, formaldehyde-free, and non-toxic materials.
Wood Flooring Widths
Ecohardwood offers oak flooring boards in various widths – 115 MM, 140 MM, 180 MM, and 230 MM. If you are contemplating which floorboards to choose – wide or narrow floorboards – please read our article: Size Debate: Wide or Narrow Floorboards
Ecohardwood oak flooring. Colour: Ocean Breeze. Interior: Hamilford Design. Location: The Lakes by YOO.
Customers can also choose from different flooring grades, including character, original, select, and prime, allowing for customization based on the desired appearance and character of the floor. Character grade flooring is a rising trend among homeowners increasingly drawn to the allure of natural, authentic beauty and texture. Character grade, in particular, accentuates the inherent beauty of oak, showcasing its unique and distinctive features. In contrast, prime or select flooring grades present a more uniform appearance.
Oak Flooring Textures
Our hardwood flooring finishes are brushed, sanded, and cross-brushed, offering enhanced strength and a unique texture. This variety allows customers to balance style and durability for their specific interior requirements perfectly.
Oak Flooring Finish
Ecohardwood oak flooring is finished with hardwearing SAICOS oils, renowned for their natural, eco-friendly, and non-toxic characteristics. These premium oils not only extend the lifespan of the flooring but also ensure absolute safety for the environment and health, meeting the rigorous standards required for application on children's toys. This makes them an exemplary choice for those prioritizing sustainability and safety in their living spaces.
Ecohardwood offers a broad spectrum of over 30 colours, ranging from grey wood flooring (Ocean Breeze, Waterfall, Silver Dust , Graphite and more) and light wood flooring (such as Ivory, Nordic White, Silk, Extra White flooring) to dark wood flooring tones (Walnut, Cognac, Antique, Ebony etc.) allowing customers to find the perfect match for their interior design preferences. Explore our oak flooring colour gallery, including some bespoke colour collections >>
Ecohardwood oak flooring. Colour: Waterfall. Interior: Hamilford Design. Location: The Lakes by YOO.
Wood Flooring Longevity
When professionally installed and maintained correctly, the wood in Ecohardwood's floorboards can last a lifetime. However, the finish may gradually diminish over time. We recommend periodic re-staining and re-oiling to maintain the floor's aesthetic appeal. This simple maintenance routine ensures that the oak flooring continues to radiate its original charm for years.
Flooring Installation Time and Guidelines
For flooring installation, a professional can typically complete the process in 1 to 4 days, depending on the project's complexity. This timeframe includes subfloor preparation, flooring installation, and applying any necessary finishing or sealing products.
Installing Ecohardwood's oak flooring boards is a straightforward process. The company recommends following industry best practices for laying floorboards, ensuring a stable and aesthetically pleasing result. We work closely with flooring installation professionals, such as Ecohardwood Contractors, and can always provide customers with professional advice and the best recommendations for flooring installation.
The Best Direction to Install Wood Floorboards
The direction of your floorboards is a crucial design decision that balances aesthetics and practical considerations. By considering room size, traffic flow, natural light, and structural requirements, you can ensure a wood flooring layout that looks visually pleasing and stands the test of time. So, before making a decision, carefully weigh these factors to create a harmonious flooring design:
Entrance Points and Traffic Flow:
· Consider the flow of traffic and entrance placement in the room.
· Floorboards which follow the natural traffic flow, avoiding conflicts with main doorways, create a natural and proportionate appearance.
· Long, vertical floorboards in entrance halls provide a visual effect similar to high-quality stair runners, drawing the eyes along the entire length of the space.
Harness Natural Light:
· The direction of floorboards impacts natural light play and balance.
· Align floorboards with the prominent light flow in a room for enhanced texture and beauty.
· Sun rays reflecting along individual floorboards create a captivating play of light, elevating the overall aesthetic.
· If flooring rests upon joists and a subfloor, lay floorboards across the joists for enhanced structural integrity.
· While aesthetics are crucial, safety and durability should not be compromised.
· If visual appeal conflicts with the structural recommendation, a compromise can be achieved by laying the boards diagonally across the joists.
Consider Floor Joists:
· The cardinal rule is to run wood boards perpendicular to the floor joists for a solid foundation.
· Boards parallel to joists may rest only on the plywood subfloor, compromising stability.
· Aesthetic considerations come into play when deciding the direction for floorboards.
Aesthetics and Room Dimensions:
· Wood flooring looks best when running in the same direction as the room's longest dimension.
· For smaller rooms, running floorboards along the length accentuates the space.
· In more expansive rooms, cohering with the room's layout and furnishings is crucial.
· Hallways, being narrow, demand floorboards to run the length to avoid a cramped appearance.
Oak Flooring Maintenance
Maintaining your wood floorboards is a straightforward process. These floors are easy to care for; the key is to avoid harsh chemicals that can damage the natural finish. Instead, use our wood flooring maintenance guide's simple and effective routine. Regular sweeping or vacuuming to remove dirt and debris, along with gentle mopping using a damp, not wet, cloth, will keep your oak floor looking pristine. By following these easy steps, you'll preserve the beauty of your oak floorboards and extend their lifespan for years to come.