Today underfloor heating is more popular than ever before. It is a wonderful and efficient heating system, which adds warmth and comfort to any room, making it an inviting and relaxing space for your family.
However not all types of wooden flooring can be laid over underfloor heating due to dramatic temperature fluctuations - the high heats can dry it out, causing it to shrink that creates gaps in the floor and when the heating goes off again, the wood reabsorbs moisture and expands, which can make it swell and buckle.
Therefore, the selection of species for use in floors with underfloor heating should be limited to those with particularly small thermal and moisture movement or should be as recommended by manufacturers who have extensive experience in the supply of flooring to be used for underfloor heating.
Engineered Wooden flooring manufactured by JSC ECOWOOD is ideal for underfloor heating.
UNDERFLOOR HEATING FOR OUR FLOORS INSTALLATION TIPS
Please remember that the installation of the sub-floor for heated floors and the use of such floors can be complex.
The main rules are:
1. When installing the flooring, the humidity of the concrete sub-floor should not exceed 1.5% MC.
2. Heating elements in the sub-floor should be placed equally and at the same level. The temperature of the whole area of the floor should be even and not exceed +28°C.
3. The heating of the sub-floor should be switched on at least 4 weeks after laying the levelling layer.
4. After turning on the heating, the temperature of the sub-floor should be increased every day by +5°C until the maximum heating capacity is reached.
5. The heating period during drying of concrete should not be less than 24 days. Before laying the flooring, the sub-floor should be heated for at least 5 or more days.
6. For laying heated floors you should choose the glue very carefully. Suitability of glue for heated floors should be indicated in the instructions.
7. 2-3 days before installing the floor, the temperature of the sub-floor should be gradually reduced to +18°C - +21°C and it should be maintained during installation. The temperature of the room should be the same.
8. After installation of the floor, the temperature of the sub-floor should be maintained (from +18°C to +21°C) for at least 3 days. Then the desired temperature can be set gradually.
9. It is particularly important to maintain proper environment conditions for heated floors during use: relative humidity should be 40-65%; temperature +18°C - +21°C. Otherwise gaps may appear in the floor due to the natural qualities of the wood noted above.
wood flooring, natural wood flooring, wood floors, hardwood floors, hardwood floor, hardwood flooring, real wood flooring, Parquet flooring, Flooring supplies, engineered floor, Engineered flooring, bespoke flooring, wooden floors, oak floors, oak floor, oak flooring, quality oak floors, quality oak floor, quality oak flooring, Advanced oak floors, Advanced oak floor, Advanced oak flooring, 3 layer oak floors, 3 layer oak floor, 3 layer oak flooring, Advanced 3 layer oak floors, Advanced 3 layer oak floor, Advanced 3 layer oak flooring, Advanced 3 layer floors, Advanced 3 layer floor, Advanced 3 layer flooring, wood flooring london, natural wood flooring london, hardwood floors london, hardwood floor refinishing london, hardwood flooring london, london flooring, london floors, engineered wood flooring, engineered natural wood flooring, engineered wood floors, engineered hardwood floors, engineered hardwood floor, engineered hardwood flooring, multiply wood flooring, multiply natural wood flooring, multiply wood floors, multiply hardwood floors, multiply hardwood floor, multiply hardwood flooring